- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 330 degrees.
- Place the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer. With the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and almond extracts until just combined.
- Mix in the flour 1 cup at a time until all flour is combined.
- Turn dough out on to a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap up and place in the fridge until ready to use. Dough can be rolled out right away if your in a pinch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on the counter top. Roll dough out on the parchment paper, using minimal flour to keep the rolling pin from sticking.
- Cut dough out to the desired shapes. Bake for 10-15 minutes until just barely brown around the edge.
If you don’t have powdered sugar, replace with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
If you would like to share your favorite recipe do not hesitate your are more than welcome!